Foundation in Yoga
Akṣara Yoga School was founded in 2015 with the aim of imparting yoga education and experience for full development of individual life. Yoga is an ancient art based on the subtle science of consciousness, known as spirituality. Based on this spiritual science we have designed and developed the curriculum to provide you the best of the east.
Modern age is of science and technology. Then yoga refers to the subjective science and technology of holistic living leading to perfect health, happiness and harmony. The science of yoga is associated with the paradigm of experiencing the Self or Pure Consciousness as absolute silence. The technology of yoga is associated with the paradigm of experiencing the internal dynamism of Pure Consciousness or Self as the field of infinite creative potential. Science of yoga is the basis of happiness and the technology of yoga is the basis of health and prosperity.
Balance and integration between these two subjective and objective paradigms bring harmony. And harmony is the essence of yoga. This unity of subjective and objective values and the simultaneous coexistence of silence and dynamism has been the salient feature of Indian Spirituality, when fully manifested brings extraordinary perfection and fulfillment. Knowing this inner life, therefore is the core of school’s teachings.
Complete Package of Yoga
Yoga provides a wonderful concept of human personality. It understands human personality in the form of five layered sheaths or bodies (Panchakosha). Yoga says that we are not just the gross physical body but have four more subtle bodies. These bodies the gross physical body known as Annamaya kosha, the vital body known as Pranamaya kosha, the mental body known as Manomaya kosha, the next sheath is the knowledge body, known as Vijnanamaya kosha and the fifth one is the sheath of bliss or Aandamaya kosha.
Yoga offers a holistic approach of well-being by working on each body towards an integrated experience of one’s personality. The four paths of Yoga provide the platform for this integrated experience. As you advance with your training at Akshara Yoga School we will take you through the practice of each body to give you a complete package of Yoga.
Yoga is a way of life. Yoga can never become a lifestyle if its study is confined to yoga studio only. Therefore we bring Yoga into the whole routine of the day with the help of four paths of Yoga.
Four Yogas comprises of jñāna, Karma, Rāja and Bhakti yoga. This classification is based on Swami Vivekananda’s keen observation of one of the mental faculties playing a dominant role in each yoga. Feeling, thinking and willing are the three functions of human mind. In each Yoga we find any of the three faculties of mind playing a dominant role. To put it in another way, any yoga practice that one takes automatically falls into one of these modes of mind, because no Yoga is possible without the application of mental faculties.
|Jñāna Yoga||Karma Yoga||Rāja Yoga||Bhakti Yoga|
|Path of Knowledge||Path of Action||Path of Will Power||Path of Love|
|Thinking||Will directed to body||Will directed to energy||Feeling|
|Yoga of Intelligence||Yoga of Action||Yoga of Will Power||Yoga of Emotion|
|Science of intellectual inquiry||Science of inner balance & freedom||Science of psychic control||Science of emotional culture|
The four paths of Yoga present a wonderful way of complete self-perfection by the harmonious development of our personality. In modern times we see lopsided development of our personality and with that a stressful and impulsive life. The synthesis of Four Yogas helps in the all round personality development leading to a happy and purposeful life. The Four Yogas help in making simultaneous use of our inner faculties for the most balanced outcomes. The art and science of Yoga come lively with the practice of Four Yogas.
We provide ample opportunity and guidance to students to make Yoga a part of their life with the help of four yogas. Align all the three dimensions of feeling, willing and thinking to stay in perfect tune through Yoga. Get the holistic learning experience of Yoga at Akṣara
Akshara Yoga School’s unique location makes it an interesting place to visit for many Yoga students as well as Yoga vacationers.
Located 290 km north of one of the Modern Wonder of World, Taj Mahal, Akshara Yoga school is your perfect gateway to some of the India’s top destinations.
With Pilibhit Tiger Reserve in the backyard and Himalayas next door, Akshara Yoga School’s fantastic location makes more than a dozen scintillating destinations approachable for you in the Shivalik Hills of Himalayas and the entire Kumaon region of the Hill state of Uttarakhand.
Some of the most attractive destinations nearby:
- Chaukori – Located 245 km from our school, Chaukori is a beautiful hill station in the Pithoragarh district (189 km) set among the lofty peaks of the Himalayan Range and dense forest in the Kumaon Division of Uttarakhand. One of the most magnificent aspects of holidaying in Chaukori is the fabulous sunrise and sunset that you are treated to.
- Lohaghat – Lohaghat is a town in Champawat district of Kumaon region. Located 130 km from our school Lohaghat is a very beautiful hill station with many tourist spots around.
- Advaita Ashram – Advaita Ashrama, Mayavati, is a branch of the Ramakrishna Math, founded on 19 March 1899 at the behest of Swami Vivekananda by his two most prominent disciples from United States, James Henry Sevier, and Charlotte Sevier. It is located in Champawat at 130 km from Yoga School.
- Ranikhet – The charming hill station of Ranikhet is located in the Almora district of Kumaon region at about 154 km from Akshara Yoga School. Ranikhet, which means ‘Queen’s Meadow’ in Hindi, is an all season tourist spot for the admirers of natural beauty. Ranikhet Golf Course is one of the highest golf courses of Asia.
- Nainital – Nainital is a popular hill station in India. Located 103 km from our Yoga School in Kumaon foothills, Nainital is set in a valley containing a pear-shaped lake. The Naini-Lake offers an enthralling and mesmerizing experience to the tourist which is why it is sometimes referred to as ‘Queen of Lakes’
- Jim Corbett National park –The magical landscape of Corbett is well known and fabled for its tiger richness. Established in the year 1936 as Hailey National Park, Corbett has the glory of being India’s oldest and most prestigious National Park. It is located at Ram Nagar in Nainital district at about 185 km from our School.
Pilibhit, the home district of Akshara Yoga School, itself is home to many beautiful places and has many unexplored tourist destinations. The two most prominent places are
- Pilibhit Tiger Reserve – Pilibhit Tiger Reserve is located in Pilibhit district of Uttar Pradesh state in India. It lies along the India-Nepal border in the foothills of the Himalayas and the plains of the ‘terai’ in Uttar Pradesh. It is just 10 km from our School.
- Chuka Beach – A prominent and beautiful tourist destination is Chuka Beach situated between Sharda Sagar Dam and Sharda canal. This is a beautiful location with all the natural beauties of forest under Mahof Forest Range. Night camps are the best way to spend an exciting night at Chuka Beach. Chuka Beach is adjacent to Pilibhit Tiger Reserve.
We help our visitors to explore all these places and make the best of their stay at Akshara Yoga School.