Why should I come to Akshara Yoga School to learn Yoga?
Akshara Yoga School is set up with the aim of imparting value Yoga education to all seeking Yoga way of life. It is founded by Saurabh Chaudhary trained and educated in Yoga in some of the eminent Yoga institutes of India. The school offers Teacher Training Course in Hatha yoga with the focal point on Yoga as a means of achieving harmony and integration of personality through a systematic process of building a deeper and subtle awareness of our self.
Akshara Yoga School is uniquely situated at a sprawling 70 acre Agriculture Farm. Surrounded by lush green farm the School provides ideal conditions of yogic learning with calm atmosphere and clean air, water and food. We provide comfortable accommodation with all necessities, stress free learning environment and leisure activities to make your stay a memorable experience.
What all will be covered under the fee for my Teachers Training Program?
The fee for the Teachers Training Program is USD 1290 for one month course of 200 hours. The cost will cover:
- Accommodation with attached bathroom
- Daily farm-fresh three organic meals with afternoon snacks
- Teaching Material
- Library facility
- Internet facility
- Field trips
What is the daily schedule of Teacher Training Program?
Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program focuses on building internal awareness by means of kriyas, asanas, pranayama and other yogic practices. It requires discipline and daily attendance.
Your day will start at 6 am and end at 9.45 pm. In the morning there will be traditional Hatha Yoga practice sessions. Rest of the day will be devoted to theory, asana adjustments and advance yoga techniques. Your Hatha Yoga schedule will be interspersed with the exposure to other major paths of Yoga to compliment your Hatha Yoga practice and to help you get the complete perspective of yogic lore.
The school will provide three healthy meals with snacks in afternoon. You will get sufficient time for self study, rest and recreation.
What are the pre-requisites for the program?
We recommend few things before you enter for the program. The applicant must be 18 years of age. Good physical, mental and emotional health will ensure your smooth passage through the course. Basic knowledge of English is mandatory as course will be run in English medium.
What are the assessment criteria for certification?
Students will be assessed on the following criterion to be eligible to receive certificate
- Practice Demonstration
- Written Exam
What are the chief benefits of Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program?
Hatha Yoga begins with the discipline of body to purify energy patterns, paving way for higher discipline of mind. Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program’s objective is to initiate body processes of purification, relaxation, steadiness and lightness to draw our attention to the inner state of balance and harmony and to transform life into health and happiness. One can reap the following benefits from the program:
- Learn physical techniques to supplement towards the broader aspects of Yoga.
- Learn core Hatha Yoga practices like kriyā (cleansing technique) āsana, prāṇayāma, mudrā, bandha etc. and make foundation for higher Yoga.
- Learn Yoga in the midst of nature and immerse yourself in the serene expanse of sustainable agriculture farm.
- Gain maximum out of the program by way of our teaching methods to bring to you the health-care aspect of Yoga.
- Acquaint yourself with the four major paths of Yoga for harmonious development of personality and fulfill the purpose of Hatha Yoga as stepping stone to higher Yogas.
- Make your learning a unique experience by living around a working Indian agriculture farm.
- Participate in the celebrations of festivals and occasions and know the spiritual significance or morals behind.
What is the difference between 200 hour and 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training course?
The key difference between 200 hour and 300 hour yoga teacher training course is the introduction and exploration of the unorthodox school of Indian philosophy. The Boudha Darshana of unorthodox school is a clear master, when it comes to the pursuit of harmless and deathless happiness. Hence, you as a sincere explorer of yoga and spirituality must know this.
The 200 hour Hatha yoga teacher training course is the standard yoga program which focuses to equip students with basic components of yoga like asana, pranayama, relaxation techniques, cleansing techniques etc. and the philosophy behind all these yoga practices. Apart from this we also impart yoga teaching proficiency to students so that they can teach yoga effectively to others if they desire to do so. All this coincides with the prevailing social relevance about yoga as a healthy way of life with a feeling of general well-being and sharing this health and wellbeing to others in a professional way.
But as a matter of fact, health and wellbeing cannot guarantee lasting happiness. No doubt health is one of the pillars of a happy life, but if unchecked, even pleasure in health can lead to defilement and sorrow. Therefore, 300 hour yoga teacher training course is a step further into the investigation of true well-being and a deathless happiness and thus the course demands certain degree of commitment, dedication and a focused mind. This does not mean that this course is meant for select individuals. Anyone can join this course you just have to carry some sincerity and vigilance within yourself.
In 300 hours Yoga TTC we indentify the real problem of mankind, find the solution for that problem and finally put to test the solution to verify if it really works or not. When the solution works, you do not believe it because it has satisfied your reasoning but because it has been experienced within you. When you experience the truth within, it establishes in you as your ‘Dharma’. This Dharma is then a life skill that you will carry with you for a truly happy life.
In the 300 hour TTC the core-curriculum standards, with respect to techniques, training, practice; anatomy & physiology and teaching methodology as per yoga alliance will remain intact.
What are the chief benefits of 300 hour yoga teacher training course?
The bottom-line of yoga is to turn inward to find some fundamental truths about life. But this whole process of turning inward to find some real and concrete truth within us is usually confined to discourses/lectures or books. Furthermore, discourse and lectures only serve as feed for intellect without any potential for individual’s transformation or truth-realization. Thus, the distinguished feature of 300 hour TTC is to engage in real work i.e the keen observation of our mental and physical structure with equanimity to arrive at measurable truth. Some of the chief benefits of the course are:
- In-depth training in asana and pranayama for removal of Kleshas (afflictions).
- Skill to cultivate right intention and action for a happy life.
- Attenuation of mental effluents that operate in the form of craving and aversion.
- Self-purification by self-observation.
- Awareness and understanding of bodily sensations and their connection with suffering and its cessation.
- Training in Vipassana meditation technique.
- Introduction to unorthodox school of Indian philosophy.
- Complete understanding of body and mind interaction and how they influence each other.