Yoga Training And Guidance
Abhyasa (practice) and Vairagya (detachment), the two pillars of growth provide by Patanjali (ancient yoga master) forms the cornerstone of our yoga training and guidance.
Abhyasa – practice and vairagya – nonattachment are the two basic interrelated sensibilities to remain steadfast on the path of yoga with sure success. Abhyasa or practice means to be perfectly fixed in our effort. Under Yoga training and guidance, practice constitutes the persistent effort in the training of asana or pranayama or bandha or meditation or all of these along with self study towards attaining a peaceful mind. Detachment is the key to withdrawal of effort and letting-go ourselves into the heart of practice, opening the possibilities of greater calm, health and happiness.
Together with practice and detachment we strive to reach the best practical understanding of Asana, Pranayama, Dharana and Dhyana, so that the students not only gain strength and flexibility but also find their way to inner subjective teacher as infinite source of knowledge and wisdom. In addition, expert teaching methods and techniques not only help yoga teachers to hone their core competencies but also help them to bring out the best in their students.
Complete Package of Yoga
Yoga provides a wonderful concept of human personality. It understands human personality in the form of five layered sheaths or bodies (Panchakosha). Yoga says that we are not just the gross physical body but have four more subtle bodies. These bodies are the gross physical body known as Annamaya kosha, the vital body known as Pranamaya kosha, the mental body known as Manomaya kosha, the next sheath is the knowledge body, known as Vijnanamaya kosha and the fifth one is the sheath of bliss or Aandamaya kosha.
Yoga offers a holistic approach of well-being by working on each body towards an integrated experience of one’s personality. The four paths of Yoga provide the platform for this integrated experience. As you advance with your training at Akshara Yoga School we will take you through the practice of each body through various Hatha Yoga techniques to give you a complete package of Yoga.
Ayurveda is derived from Sanskrit word āyu, meaning ‘life’ and veda, meaning ‘knowledge’ or ‘science’. Thus Ayurveda is the knowledge of life and longevity. Ayurveda treat and integrate body, mind and spirit through a holistic approach based on lifestyle interventions consisting of diet, herbal treatment, meditation, notional correction, dharma and physical therapy.
Yoga and Ayurveda are closely related spiritual disciplines. Both takes into account the whole individual being as a composite unit of body, prana, mind, intellect and self and addresses our entire nature along with our relationship with the natural world and universe around us. The goal of both Yoga and Ayurveda is to attain true happiness and Self-realization.
Coming to the daily practical application of Ayurveda, we have several medicinal plants in and around the school campus with their amazing health benefits. In the picture below is shown a creeper known as Giloye or Tinospora. Modern research has classified it as one of the most powerful herb on planet and rightly the ancient sages regarded it as amrita or nectar. As you stay with us and go through the Yoga teacher training course you will get to know and consume some of these powerful herbs and feel the difference in health and wellbeing.
Akshara Yoga School’s unique location makes it an interesting place to visit for many Yoga students as well as Yoga vacationers.
Located 290 km north of one of the Modern Wonder of World, Taj Mahal, Akshara Yoga school is your perfect gateway to some of the India’s top destinations.
With Pilibhit Tiger Reserve in the backyard and Himalayas next door, Akshara Yoga School’s fantastic location makes more than a dozen scintillating destinations approachable for you in the Shivalik Hills of Himalayas and the entire Kumaon region of the Hill state of Uttarakhand.
Some of the most attractive destinations nearby:
- Chaukori – Located 245 km from our school, Chaukori is a beautiful hill station set among the lofty peaks of the Himalayan Range.
- Lohaghat – Located 130 km from our school Lohaghat is a very beautiful hill station with many tourist spots around.
- Advaita Ashram – Advaita Ashrama, Mayavati, founded on 19 March 1899 by Swami Vivekananda is located in Champawat at 130 km from Yoga School.
- Ranikhet – The charming hill station of Ranikhet is located in the Almora district of Kumaon region at about 154 km from Akshara Yoga School.
- Nainital – Nainital is a popular hill station in India. Located 103 km from our Yoga School in Kumaon foothills, Nainital is set in a valley containing a pear-shaped lake.
- Jim Corbett National park – Corbett is the India’s oldest and most prestigious National Park. It is located at Ram Nagar in Nainital district at about 185 km from our School.
- Kainchi Dham Ashram – Kainchi Dham is an ashram established by great saint Neem Karoli Baba in 1960s. This place is located 116 km from our school near town Bhowali in Nainital. Due to its charisma, this ashram has attracted tech titans such as Steve Jobs of Apple, Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, Larry Page of Google and Jeffery Skoll of eBay.
- Bhimtal – This scenic lakeside destination offers many fun activities like boating, adventurous trekking and paragliding. It is a perfect destination to visit in any month. Bhimtal is located 99 kilometers from Akshara Yoga School.
Pilibhit, the home district of Akshara Yoga School, itself is home to many beautiful places and has many unexplored tourist destinations. The two most prominent places are
- Pilibhit Tiger Reserve – Pilibhit Tiger Reserve is located in Pilibhit district of Uttar Pradesh state in India. It lies along the India-Nepal border in the foothills of the Himalayas and the plains of the ‘terai’ in Uttar Pradesh. It is just 10 km from our School.
- Chuka Beach – A prominent and beautiful tourist destination is Chuka Beach situated between Sharda Sagar Dam and Sharda canal. This is a beautiful location with all the natural beauties of forest under Mahof Forest Range. Night camps are the best way to spend an exciting night at Chuka Beach. Chuka Beach is adjacent to Pilibhit Tiger Reserve.
We help our students to explore all these places and make the best of their stay at Akshara Yoga School.
WE TAKE YOU TO TAJ MAHAL
Taj Mahal, the iconic monument of love is one of the most beautiful structure in the world. This modern wonder of the world stand majestically as one of the many pieces of art and architectural grandeur spread across the vast landscape of India’s long history and tradition. The Taj is an experience of its own kind. Its view is said to be so calm and serene that it takes one’s breath away, pushing the spectator into the silence.
Taj Mahal a universally admired masterpiece of world’s heritage is not away from Akshara Yoga School. It is our pleasure to give this opportunity to our international visitors and help them complete their India visit by seeing the Taj.
All our Yoga vacationers and TTC students can visit Agra after finishing their course. Let us know in advance if you intend to see the Taj Mahal so that we can make necessary arrangements for you.